Total Pageviews

Friday, December 01, 2006

Lowering the Colours
















The colours were lowered into the sand. I do not agree with this since as I understand it the colours should never touch the ground. In the old days of war men would run close to the man carrying the colours so as to grab it before it hits the ground should he get shot. It was a point of honour and practical since the commander in charge of the battle knew where his units were on the battlefield by looking for their colours. One cannot see colours lying on the ground.

3 comments:

RobC said...

Werner, I am very rusty on the correct procedure but as I recall the colours are lowered and furled at the same time, by furling I mean that they are rolled up on the staff and they may never touch the ground... I will ask a sar'nt major pal if my memory is correct. :-)

Werner K said...

Thanks.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀菲梵, 酒店經紀~free fun~, 酒店經紀, 酒店經紀, 酒店上班, 酒店上班, 酒店小姐, 酒店小姐, 酒店工作, 酒店工作, 酒店打工, 酒店打工, 酒店兼差, 酒店兼差, 酒店兼職, 酒店兼職, 經紀人, 經紀人, 禮服店, 禮服店, 便服店, 便服店,